Sunday

How to Hide Yourself On Facebook Chat Box ?


I have got some friends on Facebook that i just don’t want to talk to, but they bug me every time sign into Facebook chat and it seems they are just waiting for someone to come online and start chatting.

I just wanted to block them anyhow as they were eating a big chunk of my online surfing talking non-sense. I found this solution which can be of use to you also.

The solution is to create a new List for the friends you want to hide from, and then set that list to offline in Facebook chat.

How+to+show+yourself+offline+to+some+facebook+friends


  1. Click on 'Friends' on the left-hand menu on your Facebook profile page.
  2. Then click on the 'Create a List' button.
  3. Give the list a meaningful name. I chose “Show me Offline To These”. Next, add your friends whom you want yourself to show as 'Offline' to the list.
  4. Now open up your Facebook Chat screen, and click the little green toggle switch against the “Show me Offline To These” friend list.
  5. Once done, you’ll be signed out for those people. Later, you can also easily add or remove people from the Hidden Chat list by just clicking the little edit link that launches the List edit screen.

0 Responses to “How to Hide Yourself On Facebook Chat Box ?”

Post a Comment